Thursday, July 05, 2007

A conversation to remember

"Wouldnt be wrong or an exageration to term you as a bad son. All you can think about is work and how far you want to go in this forsaken economy. Why do you feel the need to prove something? Why do you feel the need to be someone? You are nothing without your family!"



"Well maybe your expectations are different and collide with my expecations of life"



"what is there to collide? It as simple as ABC.... you are a bad son"



"jee thanks, i have heard this a lot."



"So you will leave your family if you have to for work."



"No, i want them to be more understanding towards my situation, i am working my ass off more than any of my other collegues and i like to, actually i LOVE to, it is something i am passionate about."



"I dont understand what you are saying... everyone works. You on the other hand exagerate and ellaborate your experiences, which frankly i dont know is true."



"You see i completely see where all this is coming from. I was promised an open minded family when i talked about it back home and when i used to talk to you about my career plans. How i am sick of living the life of restrictions and what i cant and can do. I have feelings people, yes i put on a smile which is fake but you dont know what is going in my heart... no one does. Only i know, what hurts me and what doesnt, i have decided not to express it anymore. And here you sit and tell me that i am taking the wrong path? Why dont you for once see that the flaws you see in me are not flaws they are your lack of understanding.......



You come off to the world as i am being the worst son. But for once you dont see what makes me happy!!! i was always told that the parent's happiness is in the happiness of their children... That is all bull shit isnt it? Just plain SHIT!!! because all you want me to do is follow your footsteps, be restricted by society and circumstances to see beyond what you tell me is out there. I have a mind of my own and i choose to USE it, i choose to see the world..."



"Speaking of which i hear you are leaving tommorrow. Is that true? Wait, or i should just verify it with your company... give me a number to call... where can i verify this information?"



"Look at what you are doing, i am not going with friends i am going to get some work done and yes after that i will meet up with a friend of mine, but who are you to tell me where i should take up my assignments and not... At the time where i needed advice everyone in my family including you just didnt know what to do.... I CHOSE MY PATH I HAD TO, I MADE THE DECISION WHEN OTHERS LET ME DOWN... and now if i want to fulfill my end of the deal you tell me i cant"



"Did you once ask me if i am scared to sit there in training while my heart was pounding if i will be able to make it? I didnot get the support i wanted from anyone, i am a man who needs to be sane and i cant get my sanity like this"



"I turned my life around back home and am to a point where others want to be like me and you tell me i have accomplished nothing?"



"Yes, and we never for once made you feel like we didnt have the finance to support you..."



"Think again... this time think harder mom, you see but i have nothing against that the man you see before youself wouldnt be me if the circumstances would have been different... so for that i thank you, but dont tell me to bend over backwards now... not when i am at the top of my game..."



"Top of your game??? yes indeed we sent you to the top school back home..."

"And i aced the one year i was there"



"Then we got you here and gave you the education you deserved..."



"And once again i stood up to a point where i couldn thank you enough for this opportunity... but now that you have got me here so sit back relax and enjoy the show... because from where i am standing i see results that are amazing all i need is a little understanding."



"What kind of an understanding do you expect us to have when you drink and smoke..."

"Used to.."



"Which part smoking or drinking?"

"Does it matter? Is that what makes me bad? Is that what makes me a bad son?"


"You have some nerve arguing with us... wait till we tell the world of how worst our son is... i have held on to this long enough wait till i tell everyone."

"You do that... at this point in time i dont care what people have to say about me i have fallen numb, i have fallen so hard on the ground that everything that happens around me right now doesnt matter... i just need to be functional enough to do what i need to do to pass these days..."

"Oh so its our fault... you have nothing to look forward to and it is our fault... look at how selffish this guy is he is blaming his parents for his miseries"

"Once again... i am not blaming anyone... and i am not miserable... i am just numb... you say anything you wont hear a reaction out of me..."

"btw, i am leaving tomorrow and all you had to say to me was that i am a bad son... that is all you had to say to me?"

"Well have a safe flight, ofcourse"

"Thanks"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home